More and more business leaders, entrepreneurs and franchisors are discovering that publishing a personal biography enhances their reputation, their career and their business. Let me share with you the many benefits of having your own biography, what it should contain, how to make the best use of it, and finally, how to get it written quickly and cost-effectively.
The benefits of having your own biography
If you have achieved a great deal in your life then let people know about it, especially if you want to maximise your personal profile. In these days of ‘virtual’ everything, it is important that the clients and customers you deal with realise that you are very much real.
A biography is very personal and sharing you life story with others will show another side to you.
To be willing to share the ups and down and highs and lows is something that people will appreciate. It shows that you are very much a ‘tangible’ person giving you integrity and depth.
If you run your business largely on the Internet, a biography will be a great way for you to really connect with people, it will give them the opportunity to know what the person behind the success is really like.
No matter what you do, credibility and provenance are great assets and having them will put you ahead of your competitors. Those who read your biography will learn that they can put their trust in you and your business.
What your biography should contain
A professional biography is a great opportunity for you to show others how you achieved success. Your story might be one of struggle or incredible sacrifice. It may be one that will motivate others or demonstrate how inspiration and perspiration can achieve results. One thing that your biography most certainly will be is unique to you and your business.
Your biography should:
• Outline the circumstances of you birth and childhood.
• Talk about your school and university life, the fun times and the achievements.
• Allow the reader to get to know the real you.
• Detail your career and business success.
• Reveal your challenges as well as your successes.
• Share entertaining stories and anecdotes.
• Share some of the wisdom and knowledge that you have accumulated.
• Outline the talents and virtues that you believe have made you successful.
• Talk about your future plans
• Advise others who may wish to follow the same path.
How to make the best use of your biography
A biography will generate confidence in you and your business so ensure you give as many people as possible the opportunity to read it. Here are a few suggestions:
• Post it on your website.
• Serialise it as a blog.
• Create a Facebook page and regularly post excerpts.
• Tweet excerpts and reviews with links to a page where the book can be bought or downloaded.
• Use the content for LinkedIn posts.
• Offer it as a gift to collect personal data.
• Promote it on Amazon and the hundreds of e-book sites.
• Give is to prospects, clients, employees.
• Distribute it at speaking engagements or corporate events.
• Organise book signings.
Who knows, it may even become the next bestseller!
How to get your biography written proficiently, quickly and affordably
If you would like to have your biography published in the next two months, call one of the expert biographers at MyLife Biographies for a no obligation consultation.
If you choose to proceed they will visit you at your home or business and interview you over one of more days. They will then send you the transcript so that you can add anything you missed or delete anything you wish you’d never said!
If you feel it will be beneficial they will also interview members of your family, work colleagues or friends to get further insight into your life and achievements.
They will then use the edited transcripts to write your life story. You will receive the first draft within three weeks and after you have had the chance to read it the biographer will make any edits you require.
When the content has been agreed they will typeset the book and add any photographs that you would like included. They will even arrange for a portrait photograph to be taken for the cover if you don’t already have one that is suitable.
Once the artwork is agreed is will be sent for printing and two to three weeks later you will have the first hardback edition of you life story.
The cost of this service is normally £5,000 but MyLife is offering a 50% saving to all customers that commission their biography in January 2015. An opportunity not to me missed.
If you would like to discuss having your life story published, you can contact MyLife Biographies using the details below.
Telephone: 0800 689 1675